Sunday, February 24, 2008

The beginning of something....

10:30 am on a Sunday morning in the dreary, drippy, mountains of the Sierra Foothills. With one bowl of questionable cereal under my fluffy robe belt, I am fired up to blog. Husband smiles graciously at suggestion and heads out the door to run in the rain. (????)
Seems like every Joe Shmuck does it. Could at least give it a go.

So -- if you can stand the South Africanisms, welcome. I figured it would be good to write about those things perplexing to my american friends, the scary stories that I find darkly humorous, and to muse on my years working for and with some bigwigs in the South African parliament from 1994. It's all true -- albeit seemingly a little dramatic and fakeish in this serious academic society I now call home, Silicon Valley.

No comments: